Blogger Adapt Template
Header image

of a horrendous week

Posted by peiying Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I FELT ...

appalling, awful, dreadful, frightful, ghastly, horrendous, horrible, totally shocked this week.


why is everything so awful??!?!?!?!

i've been receiving news from my STPM friends of excellent results but yet can't get into NUS pharmacy course. where do i stand now? i've been constantly checking the online application facility, or should i say, every single hour? and still no news yet.

still in processing status. i hate to see that word! i'm haunted by the past, and i can't afford to go through that anymore.

i still remember last year's application to NUS had no reply at all. not even a rejection letter. and i felt like SHIT.

and then, came another appalling shock yesterday regarding the wage for my work. crazy, unreachable targets were set. and basic pay were ripped off. for the first time i would so wanna use the word F*** in my blog!!!! i'd never felt so shitty before. NEVER!

oh my, i even asked the help of my friend to replace me for saturday. and in the name of friendship, she agreed and took all the trouble to go for the interview. now i felt double shit! so guilty for pulling her into this. she gave up an initially better offer from another friend of hers to help me out. oh my, i felt so bad typing this now.

this is too much! and because i can't stand it anymore, i've decided to lodge a complain to the company. don't care whether they liked it or not but this is their fault. they never explain the fact to us. eventhough my supervisor said that he will fight for a lower target, but i doubt he'll succed in it. since it's not his money, i really don't think he knows how the promoters felt. not only me, but the other promoters were given a shock of their lifetime. and everyone is feeling very resentful now.

so today i complained to my interviewer and the explanation she gave me was all bullshit. and said that the project i was given (which was KOTEX by the way) was based on sales and incentives, so i can't be given the basic pay she told me during the interview (which was higher). and that it's not fair for the other promoters which are based on booth.

BULLSHIT!!!!! SHE DIDN'T TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!!!!

and what really cracks my nerves is that she said the ridiculous target (which was RM801 per day for weekdays and RM1069 per day for weekends) set was already 5% lower than market, so it shoud be easy to hit. "SLAP"

if i were told that the product i'm selling is based on incentive system, like what she said, i would NEVER EVER accept the job, never! it's all her fault. she didn't explain to us, not even during the training. if it's only me who heard it, she might have blamed me for hearing her wrongly. but my friend was told the same thing she told me during my interview. and that my friend was thinking the same thing as i do.

no point arguing with her now. if my supervisor can't resolve this matter by this week, i'll just quit! will confront him tomorrow. wish me luck in winning the 'fight'.

6 comment:

.germz. said...

omg i cant help but to ask, how much is the basic pay? RM801.. abit the too high right? are they that desperate to sell pads? aiya quit if the job's so sales-incentive-based. very hard one. you work like shit, and yet you only get shitty pays haha and regarding your nus application, if you can't wait, maybe you can ring them up to ask how it is?

peiying said...

germz: 80(w/days) and 120(w/ends)was what i was told during the interview. now, they tell me it's a totally different thing. 60 and 80 was the basic respectively and the other 20(w/days) and 40(w/ends) is given if you hit the target. some more with the 'miraculous' target, means the 20 and 40 is a bye-bye liao.
once you start your job already you can't quit like that. or else, the pay for the days you worked previously will be deducted loh. luckily i only confirmed 2 weeks with them. SHIT SHIT SHIT!!

i emailed NUS, they say i'll just have to wait coz they can't reveal application results through email or phone.

鬼子 said...

there are alot of these agancies around telling you they are giving very high basic~ but in the end. they twist their words and they end up making you feel so stupid that u believe them in the 1st place. i have gone through this. not for once or twice.. but more than that.

Jessw said...

COMMON...go fight....I morally support u from oversea...

Jessw said...

COMMON...go fight....I morally support u from oversea...

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)