Blogger Adapt Template
Header image

heap heap horray!!

Posted by peiying Tuesday, October 19, 2010

i'm on top of the world at that moment. i lost all hope initially and it was then when i'd decided to give it a last try that miracles happen.


MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!

alright allow me to depict this in a chronological order.
16th october - bought a Pay and Go sim card from O2 for my iphone 4. it came with a  £10
credit, 300 texts along with 500MB internet data. so i got it activated on that day, got a confirmation text that the plan was activated too.

17th october - started using my new toy by surfing the internet. MADE NO CALLS OR TEXT! check balance - 0.00 credit!!!!
where did all my credits go???

before i start complaining, i really have to compliment O2 for providing a 24 hour onine customer service through LIVE CHAT. that is like consulting the customer service agent through msn. super convenient and economy-friendly for customers i must say.

ok, done with the compliments, complain now! i've chatted with 5 agents, all were helpful, but problem STILL NOT SOLVED! where did my credits go? 

so after serial 'investigations', to my dismay, i was CHARGED for my internet access! they were NOT SUPPOSED to charge me since i've activated my plan on the 16th and used the internet on the 17th. then all sorts of explanations were thrown at me, saying that my sim card was only activated on the 18th, so internet access before this date were charged. but i wasn't satisfied.  £10 ok! that's rm50 vanished into thin air!

18th october - stormed into O2 store, seeked for assistance. the leng chai sales rep and found that my sim was activated on the 16th too!! and i wasn't supposed to be charged for internet access! then, he kindly helped me dialled customer service (again). after 'dealing' with the customer service agent over the phone for HALF AN HOUR, still, my credits were not replenished. it was then, that i knew, not in any way that i could retrieve my £10. went home saddened. heart aches gao gao! i even thought of giving up O2 and stay with my lebara network after i've used up all my texts and internet allowances.

the very ngm gam yun me decided to give it a last try and went back to the live chat service again. this time, served by a very efficient agent who responded to my request quickly. below are the contents of our chat:


Calum: Hi I'm Calum. How can I help you?
PY: hello
PY: I had previously purchased a Pay and Go sim card from an O2 store
PY: it's a Web and Text Tariff
Calum: Okay
PY: whereby i'll get 300 texts and 500MB internet data for each 10 pounds top up
PY: the sales rep at the O2 store told me that the my sim card was activated on the 16th
PY: and i received a confirmation text on the 16th as well
PY: then i started using the internet on the 17th october
PY: but when i checked my credit balance, it says 0.00 credit
Calum: Okay
PY: but i did not make any calls or sms
PY: i've also talked to one of your customer service agent
PY: she told me that the credits were deducted because i've used it for internet access
PY: before the activation
PY: she checked and said that my sim card was only activated on the 18th oct
Calum: Sorry for the trouble, I'll look into this for you.
Calum: Your number got activated on 16th October and Text and Web tariff got activated on your account on 18th October that's the reason whatever usage you've done on 17th has been charged.
Calum: Please do not worry as a gesture of goodwill I've credited all charges to your account.
PY: i've received a text saying that "You've now got 300 free UK Text and unlimited internet to use this month."
PY: on the 16th oct
Calum: Oh
PY: is this a Text and Web tariff confirmation?
Calum: Yes, that's right.
PY: i even showed this message to the O2 store sales rep
Calum: Please do not worry I've credited £20 to your account. Please check your balance now.
PY: oh.. yes
PY: it's credited
PY: i have got 20 pounds
PY: thank you very much for you help
Calum: Now you can use free internet without any problem.
PY: i really do appreciate it
Calum: You're welcome.
PY: so just to confirm
Calum: Thank you
Calum: Is there anything else I can help you with?
PY: am i on the Text and Web Tariff?
PY: because previously your customer service agent said i changed to simplicity
PY: which i didn't
Calum: Yes, you are on the Text & Web tariff.
PY: and my allowance is 300texts and 500MB
Calum: Yes, you're right.
PY: alright then
PY: i'm very relieved now
PY: hahaha
PY: once again, thank you very much

isn't it great!
not only did i get back my £10, i've got an EXTRA £10 !!!
THAT'S RM100 IN EQUIVALENT!!!
i'm really thankful for that! i went jumping around the apartment, as though i've taken marijuana. 

now i'm really convinced that miracles do happen. the day is still young, it's too early to give up. just believe... :D

0 comment: