Blogger Adapt Template
Header image

facial virgin? not anymore..

Posted by peiying Monday, May 25, 2009

REVIVED!!

if it wasn't because of the perpetual sickened condition of my T-zones during 'that' period of the month, never would the idea of going for a facial crosses my mind.

appalled by the face i'm looking at in the mirror, i've mustered up my courage to seek professional's advice. but beforehand, a thorough research over the internet is definitely a must. after several detailed groundworks, and gaining positive responses from regular customers, leonard drake seems to be a promising attempt.

so, again, after filling up my poor pocket with a handful of cash (just in case i get slaughtered later :P), i walked in to 1 Utama's leonard drake outlet.

over the concierge, a brief survey was carried out by one of the beauticians, mandy was her name. as expected from the look on the face, she was patient and polite enough to answer all my enquiries. subsequently, i was instructed to put my face into a UV lighted box for detailed skin analysis. WHOA!! never had i thought that my T-zones were that oil congested, but the overall skin status is dry.

just so happened that it was leonard drake's 25th anniversary this year, and today's the 25th of the month, i was entitled for a 25% discount IF i take up the double cleansing facial session, which is rm198. but, me, being the regular giam siap consumer who wants to pay least for maximum satisfaction, i ended signing up for the promotion package worth rm188, results me getting a set of skin care regime plus a 'FREE' skn clarifying facial session. isn't that more worthwhile you say?


#1 dermalogica starter kit cleansing set

so, i was directed into a changing room to change into my robe, given a locker to keep my bag then headed into the facial room. the most 'memorable' process from what i can remember should be the extracting one. ohhhhh...painfulllllllllll. the pain from every prick was excruciating, it felt as though the beautician had used tremendous pressure during extraction. fortunately, the pain didn't stayed for long, something like a momentary electric shock.

next, they proceeded to antiseptic then to cold treatment on a masque. i loved the latter. feels so goodddd..

the whole session concludes after a simple massage and application of moisturiser. soon, the senior beautician (the pro who did my extraction) then approached me with a concise briefing on the use of the starter kit. she persuaded me to purchase the hydrating masque to soften the pores, but i declined since i'm not sure if their products suits me or not, and for the fact that it was quite pricy too. rm172 for a bottle of 75ml. better not move into things so fast. so, she ended up giving me 3 packets of sample of the masque to try on first. oh, by the way, it was dermalogica products they were using.


#2 FREE masque samples

i quickly examined my face back home, and there were no signs of scars at all on the spot of extraction. that was the reason i called her a pro.

am rather satisfied with my initial facial session, though there were not much significant improvement. aiyah, baru first time, what do you expect? but if it does shows results, it's still worth the price. would have to try on the cleansing set now to see if there's any slight changes before going back for the second facial.

shui, if you are reading this, i strongly recommend you to try them out since you constantly have to deal with oily skin. come! come! together we go for my second session, while you try out your first.

0 comment: